Home > Emergency Planning > How to report flooding

How to report flooding

If you experience flooding it is important to report it.  If there is an immediate risk to life dial 999.

Who you need to contact depends on where the flooding is coming from:

Rivers and the Sea – Environment Agency - 0800 80 70 60

Sewers and water mains – Anglian Water - 03457 145 145

Surface water/flash flooding and flooding on the highway should be reported online to Suffolk County Council 

Images of the flood height with a date and time are particularly useful, as are descriptions/videos of where the water has flowed from.

The National Flood Forum has advice about how to prepare for flooding, provides independent assistance for those who suffer the consequences and support to protect homes at risk.

To check the flood risk for your home, search the Environment Agency flood risk maps

Read further advice and information to find out more about flood management in Suffolk.

If you experience difficulties obtaining home insurance, a new scheme has been set up called Flood Re